How to compress files
Type file explorer into the taskbar’s search box, and then choose it from the list of results. Select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder from the context menu of the file you wish to compress.
How to unzip compressed files
1. To unzip files, click here.
2. Locate the zipped folder in File Explorer.
3. Right-click to choose Extract All, then follow the steps to unzip the whole folder.
4. To unzip a single file or folder, open it by double-clicking the zipped folder. Then, from the zipped folder, drag or copy the item to a new place.
However, there are files that have a .zip extension. Such files use applications like WinZip or WinRar. ex. “1000 Negus (ZIP file)” on Arezone.xyz.
ZIP and Unzip files
How to ZIP files
To create a .zip file,
1. Create a folder using the file name you want ex. “Braa Benk – 1000 Negus Album Mixtape”
2. Place all files you want to zip into the folder.
3. Open WinRar, and select “File” on the top left.
4. Choose “Browse for folder” from the drop-down menu.
5. Now select the folder you previously created in step 1. All files in that folder will be listed in WinRAR.
6. Select all file (ctrl + A).
7. Click on “Add” icon on the WinRAR window.
8. Tick “zip” from the pop-up and click on “ok”
How to extract ZIP file
To extract a .zip file,
1. Double click on the zip file. Files in it will open in WinRAR.
2. Click on “Extract To”
3. Browse destination and click on “Ok”
Alternatively, right click on the zip file and select “extract here” with WinRAR to extract ZIP file.
Thankfully, you will now be able to ZIP and Unzip files using this Pcstartup how-to guide.