Wisconsin International University College(WIUC) is one of the best private universities in Ghana and also Africa. WIUC provides students with appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitudes that meet national development needs, and global challenges through quality teaching, learning, research, knowledge dissemination, and collaboration with key stakeholders.
Wisconsin International University College structures its courses and curriculum to cover all types of learners. Beginners, experts, and professionals can choose any of the WIUC courses to gain quality education and improve their technological skills.
IT Courses Offered at WIUC
If you are more concentrated in the field of IT then WIUC provides a broad range of courses for beginners and professionals. WIUC also offers undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and certificate IT programs. These options help students choose programs that suit their career path.
- BSc Information Technology: BSc Information Technology program equips graduates with the knowledge, skills, and competencies they need to analyze and troubleshoot all IT systems and functions within an organization. Students learn through a variety of methods including lectures and discussions, case studies, small group work, simulations, fieldwork, and mini-projects.
- BSc Management & Computer Studies: The Bachelor of Science in Management and Computer Studies program equips graduates with the knowledge, skills, and competencies to analyze and solve problems in various business and IT functions within an organization. Students learn through a variety of methods including lectures and discussions, case studies, small group work, simulations, fieldwork, and mini-projects.
- BSc Computing & Agricultural Science: After the course of this program, you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental probability tools for quantitative risk assessment and demonstrate the ability to apply these tools to problems encountered in computer science and actuarial science and to show an understanding of fundamental mathematical financial concepts and demonstrating the ability to use these concepts to calculate current and cumulative values of various cash flows as a basis for future use in recognition, measurement, pricing, asset/liability management, income, investment budget, and assessment of potential cash flows. Graduates will also demonstrate an understanding of financial instruments, including derivatives, and the concept of non-arbitrage versus financial mathematics.
- (MBA ) Management Information Systems: Management Information Systems (MIS) is the study of people, technology, organizations, and the relationships among them. If you have an interest in technology and have the desire to use technology to improve people’s lives, a degree in MIS may be for you.
- Diploma in Functional and Advanced Investigations: This is a professional course designed to equip participants with a greater depth of knowledge and skills in the area of security management and investigations. Participants will be exposed and trained to plan and execute security-related strategies to prevent, minimize, and resolve issues related to fraud, murder, theft, background checks, cybercrime, threats, and vulnerabilities through various types of investigations. Participants b will also benefit from lessons in entrepreneurship and small business management.
- Diploma In Information Technology: A graduate of the Diploma in Information Technology program will be able to: analyze and solve basic information technology problems through the application of systems approaches Support the analysis, planning, design, development, and implementation of computer systems and networks. install, configure, troubleshoot and manage components of computer systems and networks Apply basic knowledge of software application development Apply basic knowledge of database connectivity issues and concepts Apply data management principles to ensure information integrity Perform all work by relevant policies, practices, processes, and procedures Participate as an individual and effective member of a team Interpret, produce and present work-related documents and information in a manner efficient and precise. Identify and implement strategies to improve job performance and promote regional personal and professional growth. Install, configure and optimize personal computer operating systems and network application software Install, manage and maintain web servers; design and develop websites. Implement cross-platform integration between PC / LAN and midrange IT
- EXECUTIVE CERTIFICATE IN SECURITY MANAGEMENT, FORENSICS & INVESTIGATIVE PSYCHOLOGY
- ADVANCED EXECUTIVE CERTIFICATE IN SECURITY MANAGEMENT, FORENSICS & INVESTIGATIVE PSYCHOLOGY
Read Also: Top paying IT certifications 2021-2022
Other Undergraduate Programmes
- BA Business Studies (Accounting Option)
- BA Business Studies (Banking and Finance Option)
- BA Business Studies (HRM Option)
- BA Business Studies (Marketing Option)
- BA Business Studies (General Option)
- BA Communication Studies
- BA Development and Environmental Studies
- BA Music
- BSc Accounting
- BSc Economics
- BSc Economics with Management
- BSc Development Finance
- BSc Nursing
- BSc Community Health Nursing
- BSc Midwifery
Other Postgraduate Programmes
- MBA (Accounting Option)
- MBA (Project Management Option)
- MBA (HRM Option)
- MBA (Marketing Option)
- MBA (Finance Option)
- MA Adult Education
- MA International Relations
- MSc Environmental Sustainability & Management
- MSc Logistics & Supply Chain Mgt.
- Strategic Mgt and Leadership
Other Certificate Programmes
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Certificate in English Proficiency
- Certificate in Music
- Certificate in Professional media courses
- Certificate in Sign Language
- Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety Management
- Certificate in Christian Formation Leadership
- ICAG Courses
- University of Ghana, Legon
- University of Cape Coast
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- University for Development Studies